What to Pack
A moving kit is like an emergency kit, but it is for when you are moving. The kit will help you to pack your things and move them to your new home or apartment.
The following items should be included in the moving kit:
- Packing tape, boxes, bubble wrap
- Packing paper for wrapping breakables like lampshades and vases
- Box cutter or scissors for opening boxes
- Moving labels to make sure that all of your belongings are easily identifiable
How to Pack. Where do I Start?
Packing is a necessary evil in the moving process. It can be difficult to decide where to start in this process, but there are some things you can do to make it easier.
Packing clothes is one of the most time consuming aspects of packing your belongings for a move. The first step is deciding what you want to bring with you and what you’re willing to leave behind. If you’re not sure about something, ask yourself if it’s worth the time it will take to pack and unpack it when your new place is ready for unpacking.
The next step is figuring out how many boxes you need for your clothes. The best way to do this is by estimating how many outfits will fit in each box.
Packing Tips and Tricks. Best Practices for Packing Your Belongings
Packing is a tedious task, and most people do not have the time or patience to do it. To make packing easier, here are a few packing tips and tricks that will help you pack your belongings in the best way possible.
- Pack clothes first. They are the heaviest items in your luggage, so they will take up most of the space.
- Use airtight containers to pack toiletries and other liquids that may leak during travel.
- Pack shoes with clothes rather than on top of them to avoid wrinkles.
- If you have room for souvenirs, pack them last so they don’t get squished by everything else in your luggage.